Author Topic: Daniele Gatti Fired in Amsterdam for Sexual Misconduct  (Read 3113 times)

Offline James Meckley

Daniele Gatti Fired in Amsterdam for Sexual Misconduct
« on: August 03, 2018, 07:06:25 AM »
This from the New York Times:

One of the world’s leading orchestras fired its chief conductor on Thursday after he was accused of sexual misconduct: The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra of Amsterdam announced that it had terminated the Italian maestro Daniele Gatti “with immediate effect.”

You can read the entire article here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/02/arts/music/daniele-gatti-concertgebouw.html

James
"We cannot see how any of his music can long survive him."
Henry Krehbiel, New York Tribune obituary of Gustav Mahler

Offline barryguerrero

Re: Daniele Gatti Fired in Amsterdam for Sexual Misconduct
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
Yes, I've been following this. It's very unfortunate. I think there's more to it than just the 'me-too' stuff. I frankly think they were looking for an out. Anyway, I'm sure this isn't going to be the end of the story by any means. I also think that this whole episode may not end so well for the Concertgebouw. That's just a hunch.

Offline James Meckley

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 02:23:48 AM »
According to the New York Times, the principal oboe and the associate principal trumpet of the New York Philharmonic have been fired for unspecified inappropriate behavior after a five-month investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/16/arts/music/new-york-philharmonic-liang-wang-matthew-muckey.html

James
"We cannot see how any of his music can long survive him."
Henry Krehbiel, New York Tribune obituary of Gustav Mahler

Offline ChrisH

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 12:32:12 PM »
I believe the principal trombone in the Cleveland Symphony is also coming under investigation.

Honestly, I'm not really surprised at all that this coming out in the orchestral world.

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:49:39 AM »
Oh boy. I almost wonder if an 'amnesty' should be called, followed by making it clear that such behavior won't be tolerated in the future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk