General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

Das Klagende Lied from Vienna

(1/1)

barryguerrero:
This was probably brought up before, but the excerpts from this "DKL" sound really good. It's on Capriccio with the Austrian Radio Orchestra (ORF). Of course, I've never heard of the conductor. It was recorded in Vienna's Konzerthaus in 2016.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/das-klagende-lied/hnum/7521611

waderice:
Tempi seem somewhat on the fast side, which will make it fit on one CD without problem.  From what I heard, it sounds like Mahler's revised version for the first performance of Parts II and III of the work were used, instead of the original 1880 version, like Kent Nagano's recording.  Though sound from computer speakers isn't the best, it sounded like all sections of the ensemble ought to sound quite good on a regular stereo system.

Wade

barryguerrero:
Yes, I agree. It can listened to at Spotify and I'm going to do that.  If I truly like the whole thing, used copies are available at Amazon for less than $10 (plus $4 shipping, of course).

Ketcher:

--- Quote from: barryguerrero on February 14, 2019, 06:39:49 PM ---Yes, I agree. It can listened to at Spotify and I'm going to do that.  If I truly manage to get awesome rangefinders for hunting here and like the whole thing, used copies are available at Amazon for less than $10 (plus $4 shipping, of course).

--- End quote ---

I do this too. Spotify is more than enough for most of the stuff and then if I like something a lot, I just get it for a regular stereo system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version