Author Topic: Adam Fischer/Dusseldorf "DLvdE"  (Read 3180 times)

Offline barryguerrero

Adam Fischer/Dusseldorf "DLvdE"
« on: March 29, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
The Adam Fischer "Das Lied von der Erde" is now up at Spotify. I think you can buy the downloads now as well. I don't want to bias anybody, nor get their hopes up too high, but I think it's really good. Maybe even excellent. His conducting of it is fabulous - perhaps even better than the singing, which I thought was surprisingly good. This is turning into a really good series - the 8th is supposed to come out in the fall.

Offline erikwilson7

Re: Adam Fischer/Dusseldorf "DLvdE"
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 04:34:17 PM »
Anna Larsson did an outstanding job with this one. Ever since I watched the Abbado/Lucerne performances I found her to be a superb Mahler interpreter. Her performance at the end of “Der Abschied” is quite moving.

I think Stuart Skelton does quite fine, though he’s not up there with Wunderlich, King, or Schreier. I wish he delivered the last stanzas of the first song with more angst.

The recorded sound is excellent, I think. It lacks in the bass if anything but if there’s any piece that works for it’s Das Lied. Fischer does a wonderful job conducting, and I find the orchestral performance to be very impressive. The clarity of the recorded sound allows for every detail and nuance of this expertly orchestrated piece to be heard. This is a top-tier recording for me and I’m eager to hear other opinions.

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:06:13 AM »
I bought it as a download, simply because I have too many "DLvdE" recordings already. I like it very much. It would be difficult for me to rank it, because I feel the work has already been very lucky on commercial recordings. I agree that the orchestral detail is nothing short of amazing.

Offline sbugala

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 04:38:05 PM »
I'm only a couple songs in to listening to it on Spotify, but I'll "Third" the viewpoint: the clarity is amazing. I think I know the work pretty well, but you hear stuff you miss in other renditions. But, the emotional punch is there.

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:28:32 PM »
Now that I see this is on sale on iTunes I will be able to get this (as well as others in this cycle) - the samples sound wonderful!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk