Author Topic: Gianandrea Noseda sets speed record for M2  (Read 2381 times)

Offline erikwilson7

Gianandrea Noseda sets speed record for M2
« on: September 08, 2019, 04:46:37 PM »
I just watched a live stream of Gianandrea Noseda conduct M2 at the Tsinandali Festival with the Pan-Caucasian Youth Orchestra. It clocked in at 1hr and 9mins from the downbeat to the end of the last chord. The ENTIRE symphony was less than 70 mins. Has anyone heard faster, or even close?

For the record, I was really not a fan of his Mahler 2; it was almost too fast to even function as intended. At least his Shostakovich with the LSO is sounding good.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 02:27:40 AM by erikwilson7 »

Offline barryguerrero

Re: Gianandrea Noseda sets speed record for M2
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 04:56:19 AM »
Yes, I'm curious to hear his LSO Shostakovich 8. Then again, I'm not crazy about hearing a Paiste tam-tam for the series of strokes that link the third and fourth movements.

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 10:14:11 PM »
His Shosty 5 was quite good, and I liked the 8th despite the Paiste tams. A 4th was just announced to be released on October 4; looking forward to it.

The 8th just got a decent review on Classics Today.

I am liking Andris Nelsons’ cycle better, however, but that quality is to be expected.

Also, if anyone else is interested in Shostakovich, Michael Sanderling (son of Kurt) just released full Shostakovich and Beethoven cycles with Dresden. Very impressive stuff all around. Sleeper hits for sure.

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 07:37:28 AM »
Thank you for the updates.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk