Author Topic: Iván Fischer/Budapest Das Lied on Channel Classics  (Read 736 times)

Offline erikwilson7

Re: Iván Fischer/Budapest Das Lied on Channel Classics
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 11:47:26 PM »
I think the best way to go about it is to put the finale on its own disc. I actually like to listen to Kindertotenlieder immediately following M6 because it begins in despair (“Now the sun wants to rise so brightly as if no catastrophe happened during the night. The tragedy happened to me alone.”) and ends with a glimmer of peace and hope, a question answered by M7 and then M8. I’d like if a box set someday included M6/I–III on one disc and M6/IV and Kindertotenlieder on the next. That’d make for some emotional listening.

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2020, 05:16:27 PM »
.    .    .   Only if I get to name it, the way DG puts silly names on their new releases now:  "Mahler, The Doom and Gloom Project"   ;-)

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 05:02:48 PM »
Ha! And you know it would have to be a 3-album series...

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 01:07:23 AM »
Presto now has samples and the timings.

I. 7:53
II. 9:12
III. 3:10
IV. 7:09
V. 4:24
VI. 29:35
Total: 1:01:23

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8791811--mahler-das-lied-von-der-erde

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 06:37:14 PM »
I'm not enthused. I have too many recordings of "DLvdE" as it is. Romberger is OK, but generally not someone to write home about. Robert Dean Smith is the kiss-of-death, for me. I think Adam Fischer's recording of it was plenty good.

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 09:44:43 PM »
Ádám will certainly out-do his brother here yet again. You really can’t beat Anna Larsson, and Stuart Skelton has been proving himself in DLvdE lately. I love it. Honestly, I love his whole cycle.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk