Author Topic: I pre-ordered A. Fischer/Dusseldorf M9 from Presto Classical (mid Nov. release)  (Read 2591 times)

Offline barryguerrero

I listened to this at Spotify and liked it well enough to order a CD copy. It's being released November 20 in England. I want to fully support this cycle.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8829177--mahler-symphony-no-9-in-d-minor

Offline erikwilson7

I agree, I want to support this cycle.

I was a bit confused by this listing. So it wasn’t released on CD when it came out in May?

Despite some criticisms of the inner movements, I really like this M9. Plus, single disc!

Offline James Meckley

I was a bit confused by this listing. So it wasn’t released on CD when it came out in May?

The 29 May 2020 release was download only, 24/48 and 16/44.1 (which is how I have it).
"We cannot see how any of his music can long survive him."
Henry Krehbiel, New York Tribune obituary of Gustav Mahler

Offline erikwilson7

Thanks for the clarification. I was low-key hoping it was the M2, but accidentally mis-labeled on the site. But alas.
Someday soon.

Offline barryguerrero

The LAST thing I need is yet another Mahler 9. However, I'd like hearing this one so much on Spotify, that I've decide to vote with my dollars. I'll probably sell off the Harding M9 on Harmonia Mundi (which is also really good). I'm greatly looking forward to an M6 with A. Fischer/Dusseldorf.

Offline erikwilson7

Just two more installments to go. I have no doubt that I’ll buy a box set if they make one.

Offline John Kim

I too like Fischer's M9th (more than his younger brother's), but as in his M3rd (and may be in others as well?) there are couple of blemishes in the playing that should have been corrected for the commercial release.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk