Author Topic: Looking for BBC Legends issue of Tennstedt M7 at reasonable price  (Read 2305 times)

Offline barryguerrero

Amazon is pimping two used copies of the BBC Legends issue of Tennstedt/L.P.O. M7 for over $130. If somebody is willing to burn me copies of their own copy, I would gladly pay for that service. Thanks.

I'm pretty certain that this is the version that's up on Youtube. It has similar timings to his EMI studio recording, but is vastly better than the studio one. His 1991 M7 is simply too slow for my liking.

Barry Guerrero

Offline barryguerrero

Re: Looking for BBC Legends issue of Tennstedt M7 at reasonable price
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:47:27 PM »
Update: I was able to get an MP3 download from some obscure website I hadn't seen before. It sounds pretty good too. The playing is a bit scrappy in this performance, but they also bring out things in the score that aren't always so easy to hear, guitar and mandolin just being two of them (forward sounding harps too).

Offline Prospero

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 12:40:36 PM »
You might be interested in the Tennstedt M7 with the Philadelphia Orchestra from, I think, 1987. Fabulous playing from the orchestra  and, for me, a very engaging performance. I had an mp3 version, but the recent one from Yves St. Laurent has amazing sound to go with a fine Tennstedt performance. The cost might be more than one would want, but it has become one of my show case Mahler performances.

Tom in Vermont

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 07:21:44 PM »
I found them online. Thanks for making me aware of this. I may very well 'bite'.

Barry
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 07:24:37 PM by barryguerrero »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk