Author Topic: F.S. (price reduced): nearly new Haitink Kerstmatinees Mahler box (Decca/Tower)  (Read 2197 times)

Offline barryguerrero

First, if it's inappropriate to advertise my sale at this part of the site, please just let me know. I'm going to duplicate it in the 'for sale' section anyway.

I have an almost new Haitink Kerstmatinees Mahler box I want to sell. It has the Decca logo, along with Tower Records logo - affiliated with the Tower name being franchised in Japan. I've only played M1, M3 and M7, once each. I NEVER put my fingers on the playing surface of any disc, so the surfaces are flawless. The whole box is in mint condition, including the Obi strip. Rather than stuff the obi strip inside the box, I keep it rubber banded to the outside. The reason I want to sell this is because I have the same cycle on DVD and each symphony is on just one disc. In the CD box, M2, M3, M7 and M9 are all broken up over two discs. It's not a big deal, but I have too much Mahler now as it is. Yes, I think there is a slight improvement to the sound on CD, but not hugely so.

The cheapest I've been able to find a new copy online is $62 (with tax and shipping). I'm asking $40 and I'll take care of the shipping (I will pack it carefully). If you're located in England or the European continent, I'm asking $55 to cover the shipping. I have no idea what it would cost to send this to Asia.

If you're interested, contact me with a PM or e-mail at barrygrrr@yahoo.com. I can forward photos upon request - if you're serious.

Barry Guerrero
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:09:49 PM by barryguerrero »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk