Author Topic: Jansons/BRSO M3 is at Spotify  (Read 2384 times)

Online barryguerrero

Jansons/BRSO M3 is at Spotify
« on: July 06, 2021, 04:11:45 AM »
Here's a link for the Jansons/BRSO M3 at Spotify. They list movement one as disc 1 and the remaining five movements as disc 2. They leads me to think they will issue it on CD.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4nxTkVTmfVCl08Ujs6ftDz?si=SV4_REsPQO6nYfnFrXyGqQ&dl_branch=1

Offline erikwilson7

Re: Jansons/BRSO M3 is at Spotify
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 04:26:28 PM »
I think it will be on CD soon. I'm going to reach out to BR-Klassik and ask if they plan to release a box set of the Jansons BRSO Mahler series. Hopefully it will be a complete cycle, and it will be Jansons' only complete cycle since I don't think he performned M9 with the RCO.

Barry, what do you think of this M3?

Offline erikwilson7

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 05:58:05 PM »
I just emailed BR-Klassik to see if they'll release a CD and eventually a complete cycle box set. I don't expect them to dole out business information casually, so we might not get a complete response.

Online barryguerrero

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 06:53:00 PM »
Erik, I have it on a 'pirate' and like it just fine. I can't say I like it more than the recent Dudamel, but that's not the main point. I'm more focused on eventually getting a B.P.O. Mahler box. I already have several of Jansons' BRSO Mahler performances.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »
It's on ADAGIO too. I've listened in FLAC format and it sounded great. Still, I'd rather have the upcoming CD than the download.

John

PS I confirmed it was indeed digitally remastered for this release.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk