Author Topic: Jurowski/L.P.O. M8 - OK, here's a link that shows the cover!  (Read 2995 times)

Offline barryguerrero

Jurowski/L.P.O. M8 - OK, here's a link that shows the cover!
« on: August 05, 2021, 03:45:21 AM »
I have no idea if this is what John Kim was looking at. Anyway, this place has it already listed with a photo of the cover. The L.P.O.'s own site doesn't show it yet. I'm hopeful the L.P.O. will someday release Jurowski's M3 and M7 as well. Here you go:   https://www.blowitoutahere.com/vladimir-jurowski-mahler-symphony-no-8/5060096760337

Note that Barry Banks was the tenor. He's also slated to be the tenor on Vanska's eventual M8 recording (one hopes).

This will make up for my having jettisoned the L.P.O.'s own Tennstedt Mahler box. I just couldn't stand that 1991 M8 from Tennstedt. I like his studio one far more.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:48:10 AM by barryguerrero »

Offline John Kim

Re: Jurowski/L.P.O. M8 - OK, here's a link that shows the cover!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 03:52:34 AM »
YEP, that's IT!

This is the 2017 performance that garnered so much critical acclaim.

John
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 03:55:08 AM by John Kim »

Online erikwilson7

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 01:16:05 PM »
To be fair, the British press tends to inflate anything that comes from their home orchestras and conductors. Still, considering Jurowski's Mahler credentials, this will likely be very good.

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 12:24:48 AM »
The London critics have been rather critical of some live performances by Jurowski, so I do think they're trying to be somewhat objective. This series of concerts seemed to have received unanimous praise. From my point of view, it has to be an improvement over the 1991 Tennstedt M8. If nothing else, the hall renovation made the acoustics significantly better since Tennstedt's time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk