Author Topic: Beinum Das Lied von der Erde  (Read 4194 times)

Offline sbugala

Beinum Das Lied von der Erde
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:38:55 AM »
Hello,
     I've been surveying my various Das Lied von der Erde recordings, (I have Bernstein/VPO, Klemperer/Philharmonia, Kletzki/Philharmonia, Bertini/Cologne, Haitink/RCOA, all on CD; plus Ormandy's, Walter's NY Phil, Jochum's, and Karajan's, on LP.  Lately, I noticed that Beinum did it with the RCOA.  That looks like an interesting version with potential.  Would anyone care to comment on this one?  Is it worth seeking out in either format?

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
Re: Beinum Das Lied von der Erde
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:16:32 PM »
Is this one of the Concertgebouw Archive performances?  I think I just saw this posted on Usenet. 
Scott

Offline sbugala

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 04:17:35 AM »
It could be, but to be honest, I don't know.  It may not have even made it to CD, but I know it's been on LP a couple times because it's currently available on ebay.  (However, I think I could find it cheaper than some of the prices I've seen.)  I've made the joke to my friend that vintage RCOA recordings generally sound 10 years better than their actual year, and that Chicago Symphony Orchestra recordings 5-10 years worse once they hit the digital era with Solti; so sound shouldn't be a problem for this...I don't think.

Without trying to sound clueless, what is Usenet?

Regards,
Steven

Offline Freddy van Maurik

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 06:13:38 PM »
This was available on Philips' Dutch Masters (only available in The Netherlands, I think). It's with Nan Merriman and Ernst Haefliger, and IMHO it's definetely worth your while (some consider it to be a benchmark performance, ranking it as high as the Klemperer)!

I think it's out-of-print, so I might consider sharing it through RapidShare...

Ivor

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 05:48:29 AM »
What's Rapidshare?         Sounds incomparable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk