Author Topic: Bychkov/L.A.P.O. to do M7 in March - will it get cancelled?  (Read 2674 times)

Offline barryguerrero

Bychkov/L.A.P.O. to do M7 in March - will it get cancelled?
« on: December 27, 2021, 06:24:51 PM »
I'd love to go to Los Angeles to see/hear Mahler 7 with Bychkov in late March. However, the way the Covid surge is going, who knows! .    .     .     I saw Bychkov give an outstanding M6 with the Vienna Phil. in Berkeley, Ca. This should be a great concert, if it happens.

Dausgaard is scheduled to do M6 in Seattle at the start of April, and van Zweden will be doing M6 with Chicago on the third full weekend of April.

Question:  Are people really wanting to hear M6 with the pandemic still happening?

Offline erikwilson7

Re: Bychkov/L.A.P.O. to do M7 in March - will it get cancelled?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 09:52:40 PM »
Oh man, I would love to hear a recording of Dausgaard doing M6 in Seattle. Is their M10 recording a one-off lucky masterpiece? Or is that really a good team for Mahler...

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 06:05:26 PM »
Anybody coming to Seattle for the Dausgaard/SSO M6th concert in April? It will be pretty darn good^

John

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 06:30:54 PM »
I've pretty much retired M6 after hearing Bychkov/V.P.O. doing it in Berkeley; Bernstein/V.P.O. in Carnegie Hall (I liked the Bychkov one more), and Zinman/S.F. Symphony do it with the electronically enhanced hammer strokes (sounded like bombs lit off under the stage). I'll say 'maybe', depending on how the Covid business goes between now and then. Also, if I go to L.A., I won't be able to afford Seattle as well.

Maybe the S.S.O. will release a recording of it. One thing I can tell with certainty:  John DiCesare will sound fabulous on tuba.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk