Author Topic: According to Apple Music, there will be a separate M3-M8 Jansons BR Klassik box  (Read 1629 times)

Offline barryguerrero

Have a look at this. THIS, I would buy; assuming that it's cheaper than the 1-9 box set. I've written BR Klassik, auf Deutsch, asking for clarification.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/mahler-symphonies-nos-3-8-live-rehearsal-excerpts/1648929418

Offline John Kim

I don't get it. Why only 3rd-8th when they're already issuing 1st-9th?

John

Offline barryguerrero

It may be that it'll only be a 'digital' option(streaming). Regardless, I can understand perfectly. They already have the very fine Nezet-Seguin M1; Jansons M2 is not all that wonderful (none of his are); Jansons M3, M6 and M8 have not been made available previously, and BR Klassik now has three different M9 recordings available as CD's (Haitink, Jansons and Rattle). It makes perfect sense to me. As I said, if this set is going to cost less than 1-9; and if it will be made available on CD's, I'll buy this one!

As I've said before, I just don't get their Jansons obsession. Same for the Concertgebouw. I know he was a great guy and everyone liked him. There's a lot of mileage in that, I know. 

Offline erikwilson7

Speaking of which, that recent Rattle M9 is really quite good.

Rattle has only gotten better in Mahler, it seems.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk