Author Topic: HMV Japan shows Bychkov/Czech Phil./Pentatone M2 coming (single disc)  (Read 1558 times)

Offline barryguerrero

Looks like the 2nd symphony is coming next from Pentatone. Performers are: Christiane Kalk (soprano); Elisabeth Kuhlmann (alto): Prague Philharmonic Chorus; Czech Philharmonic Orchestra; Semyon Bychkov (Conductor). No timings given. I believe this means the next release in this series will be M7 (I think).

https://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Mahler-1860-1911_000000000019272/item_Sym-2-Bychkov-Czech-Po-C-karg-S-Kulman-A_13736058

Offline erikwilson7

Re: HMV Japan shows Bychkov/Czech Phil./Pentatone M2 coming (single disc)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2023, 05:38:40 AM »
Awesome!

Weirdly enough, all signs point to the soprano’s last name as “Kalk,” but her image on that site show her name as “Karg,” who sang in the finale of the Yannick N-S Berlin M4. If so, she’s excellent.

Offline barryguerrero

Re: HMV Japan shows Bychkov/Czech Phil./Pentatone M2 coming (single disc)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2023, 11:30:02 PM »
No, no, it's definitely Ms. Karg. But, as you know, the soprano's contribution is rather minimal in M2.

I would have bought Bychkov's M5, if I weren't that I'm truly satisfied with the Jaap van Zweden/London Phil. recording of it. But a good, one disc M2 with the Czech Phil. and decent singers, sounds very inviting. I'll want to hear the Spotify stream of it first.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 11:41:19 PM by barryguerrero »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk