Author Topic: recent D. Harding/BRSO M7 performance  (Read 1923 times)

Offline barryguerrero

recent D. Harding/BRSO M7 performance
« on: May 26, 2023, 08:44:11 PM »
It seems that the recent performance of M7 with Daniel Harding and the Bavarian Radio S.O. received unanimous praise. Anybody heard anything different?    .    .     .   It's be interesting to see if BR Klassik eventually releases it, given that they're releasing Haitink's from 2011 very soon now. If anybody finds any timings from Harding's performance, please share them.

Offline John Kim

Re: recent D. Harding/BRSO M7 performance
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 05:01:40 AM »
Barry

I found a link where all of the concerts at the Leipzig Mahler Festival are available. But being in the States I couldn't watch them.
I guess we can watch only in certain regions, e.g. Europe(?)

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/113620-000-A/gustav-mahler-sinfonie-nr-9/?fbclid=IwAR2wiVjtsyyMlVcNExBMsWWHIlpvcb7hOWjMSSIwlnbcTnd-poYi3E_WCQU

John

Offline brunumb

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 10:42:27 AM »
If you have a VPN try connecting via somewhere in Europe.  I'm in Australia and listening to the M2 via Denmark.

Thanks for the link!

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023, 11:56:10 PM »
Thank you for advice, but what do mean by 'connecting via somewhere in Europe'?   .   .    .  How is that done (I do have VPN)?

Barry

Offline brunumb

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 03:33:23 AM »
With my VPN I have the option of choosing to connect via a list of different regions.   I click on the option "Connect to region" and a huge list of different countries appears and I just select one.  Have a look at how your VPN works and see what options are available.  I use PIA: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2023, 05:40:45 AM »
Thanks. I'll look into that.

Offline barryguerrero

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 01:23:41 AM »
I haven't looked into the VPN thing yet. Frankly, I feel beaten-down by the constantly changing high tech stuff. I think it gets overwhelming for older folks like me. But, BUT, I didn't find an online video on Harding doing the last minute of the M7 finale with the BRSO, and it sounded fantastic. I'm hoping that BR Klassik will go ahead issue one with Harding, even though they issued Haitink from 2011.

For those of you with a Facebook account, here it is - and it's the last three minutes (with 20 seconds of that being applause):  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=747409713748480
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 01:32:25 AM by barryguerrero »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk