Author Topic: Gatti/RCO Mahler 3  (Read 1627 times)

Offline lschmitz

Gatti/RCO Mahler 3
« on: September 07, 2023, 09:56:05 AM »
The RCO has released a comparison of Mahler 3rds of its chief conductors. It includes a previously unreleased M3 from 2015 conducted by Daniele Gatti. The soloist is Christianne Stotijn, with Jörgen van Rijen playing the trombone solo and Omar Tomasoni on the posthorn. While not a full-fledged release on the orchestra's in-house label, this finally allows people to hear what might have been.

Check it out: https://www.concertgebouworkest.nl/nl/verhalen/mahlers-derde-en-onze-chef-dirigenten

Offline John Kim

Re: Gatti/RCO Mahler 3
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2023, 07:17:27 PM »
I was going to post about it^!

Yes, Gatti's 2015 Amsterdam M3rd was a great loss to Mahlerites as it was never released on RCO label.

What a performance!

John

Offline barryguerrero

Re: Gatti/RCO Mahler 3
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2023, 10:03:18 PM »
I'm quite annoyed with the Concertgebouw, and their bow-wow release policies - whatever you want to call them - with their in-house label. Both they and the BRSO have chosen to issue a bazillion items with M. Jansons, most of which are just safe, 'middle of the road' performances. Rather than put up with Gatti's quirky personality and force him to understand that the women are 'hands off', they chose the easy and soft way by going with the talented but unproven upstart from Finland. Whatever. Perhaps Amsterdam's loss will prove to be Dresden's gain. We'll see. I'm sure the message has gotten through to Gatti to keep his loosey-goosey hands to Italian women (assuming if they don't mind).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk