General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

You knew it was coming: M6 with Rattle/B.R.S.O. on BR Klassik

(1/2) > >>

barryguerrero:
https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9591676--mahler-symphony-no-6#tracklist

It sounds pretty good. As usual with Rattle, the Scherzo is on the fast and tight side.

Russ Smiley:
From the samples, I have to agree that this release sounds promising.
This is a symphony where (for me) the details can distinguish the whole, so I will await reports on those.
Thank you, Barry, for bringing it to our attention.

John Kim:
This is good news although I rather doubt it will exceed Rattle's previous M6th with BPO (his farewell performance in Berlin).

John

erikwilson7:
John, I agree. That one is hard to beat, but I’ll have to reserve judgment until I hear the entire new recording. I prefer the BRSO over Berlin, so it already has that going for me.

barryguerrero:
I've already jettisoned the Vanska/Minnesota M6. I'm thinking if this new one is really good, I might make it my one and only M6 in A/S order on CD, and jettison the Adam Fischer and Daniel Harding ones. I kind of like the Harding one (reminds me a bit Kubelik/BRSO), but I suspect this new BR Klassik one will have better sound quality. Also, I need to 'pychologically and emotionally' make room for the coming Bychkov/C.P.O. one.

While I like the inner two movements on the Vanska (in the less desirable order, of course), I'm just not crazy about his two outer movements. I doubt I would ever get rid of his M2, M7, M8 and M10.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version