General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

What do you guys know of a P. Jarvi Mahler cycle allegedly coming? . . .

(1/2) > >>

barryguerrero:
Does anyone know anything about that? Is Alpha Classics starting a new cycle in Zurich, or are they possibly buying the rights to his Frankfurt R.S.O. recordings (which are currently video only)? Or, is it simply a continuation of the Mahler he's already started in Tokyo with the NHK? Just curious.

erikwilson7:
All I’ve heard was some hearsay on Facebook. I’d rather hear more Mahler from P. Järvi with the NHK instead of the Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich.

Has there been a full cycle with a Japanese orchestra and a Western conductor before? I think that has more value than yet another European or American cycle.

Jonathan Nott is possibly in the middle of a cycle with Tokyo (Exton).

ChrisH:
https://www.tonhalle-orchester.ch/en/media/recording-projects/

This reads like it's Zurich, starting with the 5th next month. They are also doing a Bruckner cycle, too

John Kim:
Wow, that's great news. I really liked Jarvi's M6th with NHKSO and his complete cycle with FRSO (available on DVD anf Blu ray only).

Looks like we'll have a good number new Mahler projects undergoing in the coming months and years^

John

barryguerrero:
Thanks Chris. Looks like it's definitely the Zurich Tonhalle. They're good. They play in a very good sounding hall. I wish he wasn't starting with M5 - I would have liked an M7 more. Anyway,   .   .   .    . 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version