Author Topic: Would anyone here like my "Conversations w/ Seiji Ozawa" book?  (Read 193 times)

Offline barryguerrero

I would like to pass on my "Absolutely on Music - Conversations with Seiji Ozawa" book by M. Murakami (paperback). I would prefer to ship it within the U.S. I would ship free of charge, if 'media rate' is acceptable to you (it does take longer). It has one very good chapter covering Gustav Mahler. If nobody from the U.S. wants it, and somebody from outside of the U.S. wants it, I ask that you pay for the shipping first (I'll figure out that amount). Either way, please respond by typing "PM sent", then send my a Private Message. The Mahler chapter is very good. If no-one here wants it, then I'll donate somewhere here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 08:30:51 PM by barryguerrero »

Offline sbugala

Re: Would anyone here like my "Conversations w/ Seiji Ozawa" book?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2024, 02:24:49 PM »
If I haven't missed the book, I'd like to take you up on your offer. I've read it from the library, but would love one to own. Unless someone else would like to jump ahead of me in line, so to speak.

One thing I actually wrote to Tim Page about is Ozawa claims that Bernstein and Gould recorded the Brahms First Piano Concerto shortly after the concert with Bernstein's pre-performance disclaimer...but it was never released. In this age where so much seems to get released posthumously; I found that a stunner...especially given that the live performance DID get released. Page set the record straight and said Ozawa probably misremembered and that everything that was available has been released. Still...and intriguing possibility, since the live concert isn't in the greatest sound.

Offline barryguerrero

Re: Would anyone here like my "Conversations w/ Seiji Ozawa" book?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 05:20:34 AM »
Send me a PM with your mailing address, and I'll try to get it sent out this week. Nobody else has asked for it. I've never seen a Brahms no. 1 Concerto with Gould/Bernstein, other than the live one you mentioned. If you'd prefer to just use e-mail, mine is barrygrrr@yahoo.com   .    .    .  I'm happy the book will be getting a good home.

Barry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk