Author Topic: Audio question - how do I copy MPEG audio files onto CDR?  (Read 5380 times)

Offline John Kim

Audio question - how do I copy MPEG audio files onto CDR?
« on: September 12, 2007, 04:49:06 AM »
I have MPEG audio files that I want to copy onto a CDR so that I can play it on regular CD players. But none of my burner softwares  recognize this type of files. They have icons that look like PowerDVD icons.

Anyone has any suggestion?

Thanks.

John,

Offline chris

Re: Audio question - how do I copy MPEG audio files onto CDR?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:11:02 PM »
I've used this program for other things with some luck and the site says it supports mpeg conversion:

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

You'll probably have to convert the files to wav or FLAC and burn them with a program like Burrrn.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 04:43:11 PM »
Chris,

I looked at the website but couldn't decide which program to download (there were quite a few on the site). WHich one should I use?

John,

michaelw

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 06:47:44 PM »
Hallo John.

A while ago I tried to convert files to MP3 I had recorded with my SAT receiver. After a first step (demultiplexing from AUD) I ended up with "mp2"-MPEG files. Then I found a nice tool called GammaAudio, which converts Mp2->Mp3/WAV. The resulting files can be burned to CDR. What kind of MPEG files do you have?

Michael

Offline chris

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »
John -

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/dlfull.htm

And hit "Primary Site"

That should work. 
Chris

Chris,

I looked at the website but couldn't decide which program to download (there were quite a few on the site). WHich one should I use?

John,

Offline John Kim

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 03:36:44 AM »
Chris,

I went into the website and clicked 'download' but nothing happened....

John,

Offline Last_Evolution

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 05:19:28 PM »
Hallo John.

A while ago I tried to convert files to MP3 I had recorded with my SAT receiver. After a first step (demultiplexing from AUD) I ended up with "mp2"-MPEG files. Then I found a nice tool called GammaAudio, which converts Mp2->Mp3/WAV. The resulting files can be burned to CDR. What kind of MPEG files do you have?

Michael

Converting mp2 to mp3?? Are you serious?

Dear John, you should first find out what codec exactly do you use. For example in winamp 2.9x when you press alt+3 and it tells you detail information about the file including the codec. After you know the codec you can decide the next steps.

If you want to convert to wav (or other format) the best tool is dBpoweramp Music Converter (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/). I have never heard of any other converting tool  :) When you have wavs you should be able to burn with any software.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk