Author Topic: Litton's M3  (Read 4506 times)

Wunderhorn

Litton's M3
« on: January 31, 2007, 07:27:23 AM »
I'm going to need this now... Your article on it Barry Guerrero was a fun read. How true that to classical fans Mahler makes about as much impact to their world, love'm or hate'm, as Dostoevsky made to literature.  I disagree with people who would think too much Mahler performances fade the overall apprecitation of individual preformaces. I'm not an expert on ways they recordings can stand out individual instruments with new sound technology. The technology should be become so technical as to become another aspect for the conductor's rendering. I grew up in Plano, TX (suburb of Dallas) and missed a chance to go to the Meyerson by refusing to go with the girl who asked me...She probably paid for tickets already...and she was good looking...what a fool I was  :P

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Litton's M3
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 07:47:50 AM »
I still like Litton's M3. But it did come out before Nagano; Rattle; Boulez, and Chailly. I think you can it find it pretty cheap now. Again, try Amazon. I know that one at time, Berkshire was selling it very cheap. They've probably run out by now. I like it better than the Nagano, but not more so than the other three. It's a low level recording, so you really have to turn it way up. Enjoy.

Wunderhorn

Re: Litton's M3
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 02:45:49 AM »
I just bought Litton/Royal Philharmonic/M4, I personally like it very much; I simply wish Virgin Classics would stop putting 'copy warning' on their discs.  :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk