Author Topic: Here's that Philly M8 line-up on a separate posting (05/'08)  (Read 4534 times)

Offline barry guerrero

Here's that Philly M8 line-up on a separate posting (05/'08)
« on: February 04, 2007, 09:23:28 AM »
The "Symphony Of A (half) Thousand" will be performed May 1-6, 2008 at Verizon, with the following line-up:

The Philadelphia Orchestra 
Christoph Eschenbach,  conductor 
Christine Brewer,  soprano 
Michaela Kaune,  soprano 
Marisol Montalvo,  soprano 
Stephanie Blythe,  mezzo-soprano 
Charlotte Hellekant,  mezzo-soprano 
Paul Groves,  tenor 
Franco Pomponi,  baritone 
James Morris,  bass 
The Philadelphia Singers Chorale,  David Hayes, music director 
Westminster Symphonic Choir,  Joe Miller, music director 
Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia,  Alan Harler, music director 

Verizon Hall

I'm going to buy tickets to see this! It would be dumb for some label not to record this show. Hopefully, Ondine will step up to the plate. I didn't know that James Morris was still singing!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 09:30:19 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
Re: Here's that Philly M8 line-up on a separate posting (05/'08)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 10:58:03 PM »
Assuming that the order of the soloists corresponds to the "normal" listings of the characters, it looks like the soloist on the Macal/Czech PO/M4, Michaela Kaune, will be Gretchen for Eschenbach's Philly M8.  I'll have to listen to her sing on the Macal recording with that in mind. 
Scott

Offline Eric Nagamine

Re: Here's that Philly M8 line-up on a separate posting (05/'08)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:00:13 AM »
The "Symphony Of A (half) Thousand" will be performed May 1-6, 2008 at Verizon, with the following line-up:

The Philadelphia Orchestra 
Christoph Eschenbach,  conductor 
Christine Brewer,  soprano 
Michaela Kaune,  soprano 
Marisol Montalvo,  soprano 
Stephanie Blythe,  mezzo-soprano 
Charlotte Hellekant,  mezzo-soprano 
Paul Groves,  tenor 
Franco Pomponi,  baritone 
James Morris,  bass 
The Philadelphia Singers Chorale,  David Hayes, music director 
Westminster Symphonic Choir,  Joe Miller, music director 
Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia,  Alan Harler, music director 

Verizon Hall

I'm going to buy tickets to see this! It would be dumb for some label not to record this show. Hopefully, Ondine will step up to the plate. I didn't know that James Morris was still singing!

See you there Barry! I probably be there for the whole run + the Carnegie Concert. Supposedly, there is a non subscription concert on April 30th according to a post elsewhere. If you go early, Eschenbach is doing Bruckner 6, in the series before the Mahler.

The recent Ondine Philadelphia recordings have used approximate 6-8 concerts per recording. I somehow doubt they will be recording this for release with only 4 concerts, though it would be great if they did.

According to an Inquirer article I read, they plan to have about 500 people on stage. It's going to be a tight fit in Verizon & Carnegie. I'd love to see the 8th done down in L.A. in the Disney Hall. From a visit there back in November, i think the acoustics might be better and they'd probably be able to get more people on stage.

Eric Nagamine

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk