Author Topic: hey, how do I import photo images?  (Read 5401 times)

Offline barry guerrero

hey, how do I import photo images?
« on: February 05, 2007, 08:29:30 AM »
Hi,

Like you guys, I want to be able to import covers of CD's, etc. How do I do that? I tried reading the HELP section, which was no help at all. Please, no techno-babble. I need instructions in clear, complete sentences. Do not assume that I already know ANY techno jive - I don't. I'm not proud of that fact, but technical jargon and fragmented sentences won't be of any help. Thanks in advance.

Barry

Wunderhorn

Re: hey, how do I import photo images?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 03:33:09 PM »
Find picture on the internet. Left click on image, select 'properties', find (URL) Address and 'select all' and 'copy' it. When you get to the Mahler Board select 'Profile'. On the new page leftside should be a list, select 'Forum Profile Information', Where it says 'I have my own picture' paste your saved 'URL Address' that you previously copied.

P. S. I only was able to figure it out by trial and error myself.

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:41:27 PM »
If you want to post a photo in a post...it's almost the same as what Wunderhorn wrote above, only you have to use a simple 'html' code.  I'll explain:

First, find the picture on the internet you want to post...and right click on the image and choose properties.

Then it should give you an address (also called the URL) for the image. Highlight it with your mouse and then right click, select copy.

Come back to your post here (in 'post reply' mode) and click on the "insert image" icon above (it looks like a little picture frame, located underneath the "italic" button and above the laughing smiley).

Paste the address (or URL) of your image between the two bracketed "img" tags (this is an HTML code)...here is what the tags look like:

[img ] [ /img]

Now place the curser between those img brackets and right-click and paste the address (or URL) of your image between the brackets:

[IMG ] paste your address (URL) of your image here [ /IMG]

I hope this helps!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 04:48:25 PM by Leo K »

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 04:44:13 PM »
Wunderhorn is explaining how to show a picture in your profile.  If you want to show album covers in your posts, you follow most of the same instructions. 

-Find a picture on the internet.

-Right click on the picture, which will bring up a Windows dialog box and then left click on properties. 

-There should be a small window containing several information boxes, one of which will show the web address of the picture.  Use your mouse to highlight/color this address, right click again to bring up another dialog box and then left click on copy.

-Go back to your post and right click to bring up a dialog box and left click on paste, in order to paste the message into the body of your post. 

-Now color/highlight the web address that you have just pasted into your post, and left click on the image icon (located just above and to the right of the winking smiley icon).  You will now notice IMG surrounding the web address. 

-If done properly, the picture will show up in your message preview. 
Scott

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 04:52:40 PM »
Thanks guys! I'll experiment tonight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk