Author Topic: Looks like Fischer's next installament is M7th ...  (Read 5188 times)

Offline John Kim

Looks like Fischer's next installament is M7th ...
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:59:13 PM »
Fischer/BFO is slated to perform M7th in Korea on October 8, 2010.

It will be a very interesting concert because Fischer's penchant for delicate, chamber-music-like treatments might shine in the three inner movts. I hope they will make a recording too.

Can't wait too long 8) :).

John,

Offline John Kim

Re: Looks like Fischer's next installament is M7th ...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:46:53 PM »
What's more, there will be at least 16 Mahler concerts all over the place in Korea this year including a premiere of the complete M10 by Cooke with James DePreist conducting. Also, maestro Chung Myung Whun will record M2nd and M3rd with a Korean symphony orchestra.

So, Mahler's time finally came in the country 8).

John,

Offline drfluid

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 12:08:12 AM »

It will be a very interesting concert because Fischer's penchant for delicate, chamber-music-like treatments might shine in the three inner movts. I hope they will make a recording too.

John,

wow, that would be awesome to watch Fischer conducting a Mahler symphony.
I left Korea ten years ago and now live in San Francisco Bay area, but looks like I had attended more concerts (non-Korean orchestra performances) while I was living there than I've done so here in the US.
However, back in 90's most of the visiting orchestras repartoires were Beethoven and/or Tchaikovsky.
As a Mahler fan (seemed I was one of a kind back then), no one seemed to understand let alone like the mahler symphonies, but surprisingly the CDs were not very hard to come by at the local record shops in early and mid 90's.

Anyway, It'd be amazing to hear Mahler from European orchestras in Korea.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:11:50 AM »

John,
Anyway, It'd be amazing to hear Mahler from European orchestras in Korea.
This isn't the first time....couple years back there was Ashkenzy conducting CPO for the same piece in the capital city of that country. It was a fabulous concert overall (I had owned the live recording).

John,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk