Author Topic: Obtaining Benjamin Zander/Boston Philharmonic Orchestra Mahler 6 Recording Onlin  (Read 5701 times)

Offline Michael

• Adagio Appassionato, Addolorato A Niente
    • My Railroad Audio Recordings
Hello everyone,

My name is Michael and I am reasonably new to the music of Gustav Mahler.  I am totally blind, and I use screen-reading software to access the computer.  I compose classical music, and was introduced to Mahlers sixth in November 2008, during my junior year of high school.
I have baught many a recording of Mahler 6; I probably have at least ten sixths on my computer, purchassed through iTunes and Amazon MP3.

I have heard that the Benjamin Zander/Boston Philharmonic Orchestra Mahler 6 is "the one to get"; I am very interested in this, especially for Zanders great recognition of the hammer blows in the Finale--all three of the!  I have heard his Philharmonia Orchestra remake, and have heard a very low-quallity version of the BPO recording.  However, I can find no place to download in digital format a copy of this album...only to buy a CD of it
Does anyone know where I can get a digital copy of this recording?

Thank you,
Michael
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:27:42 AM by AMTK62 »
Michael

john haueisen

I'm sure a lot of us would like to help Michael find a way to get a digital download of Zander's Boston Philharmonic M6.
Trying to be helpful, I've searched here and there, but the closest I could come was what I think Michael already knew:  Amazon used sellers  with CDs of it starting at $37.00.
Can anyone suggest where Michael might search for digital downloads?
--John H

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk