Author Topic: Bruckner is really getting to me...  (Read 39548 times)

Offline Amphissa

Re: Bruckner is really getting to me...
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 04:57:37 AM »

I have the Barenboim LPs. Since I prefer the audio of LPs, I have no need for the CDs. However, I do see the individual CDs on Ebay at times, and there are CDs of individual recordings with CSO on Amazon as well. I've never seen a box set of the CSO recordings. The only box set I've seen is the BPO cycle.
"Life without music is a mistake." Nietzsche

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2010, 11:17:42 PM »
Listened to the Bruckner 9 today on my birthday (after listening to Mahler 8 in the morning), the Guilini/VPO/DG one...

What a symphony this is...and it is fast becoming my favorite with a number 9 attached to it. As much as I obsess over Mahler 9, the Bruckner 9 is right there too, perhaps just an inch more  :o

--Todd

Offline John Kim

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2010, 12:11:22 AM »
Listened to the Bruckner 9 today on my birthday (after listening to Mahler 8 in the morning), the Guilini/VPO/DG one...

What a symphony this is...and it is fast becoming my favorite with a number 9 attached to it. As much as I obsess over Mahler 9, the Bruckner 9 is right there too, perhaps just an inch more  :o

--Todd

Congratulations on your birthday! :-*

If you are falling in love with B9th, make sure you try the complete 4 movts. version. The Finale is HEAVENLY (even more so than III.)!!

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk