General Category > Gustav Mahler and Related Discussions

"Vision Mahler"

<< < (2/2)

Amphissa:
If you anticipate buying more DVDs that are encoded for other regions, you can get a DVD player that has been specifically modified to play every DVD from every region. The mod adds to the cost, of course, but may be worth it if you don't want the cost of buying a DVD burner for your computer, the hassle of finding, installing and learning the software, and the time required putzing around converting and burning and dealing with issues that come up in the process.

I bought a DVD player that has been modded to "region free". The one I got also includes SACD and DVD-A audio playback as well, so you not only get excellent video, but a decent universal audio player as well. If you have surround sound receiver and speakers, you might want to consider going that route.

I'm not comfortable hawking brands or retailers on the board. If you are interested, drop a private message to me and I'll give you the specifics.

Damfino:
I received this disc from Netflix.  Though they did not market it as such, it is indeed from a region other that Region 1, and so will not play in a region 1 player.  Fortunately, I have an ALL-REGION player, and was able to feast upon the smorgasbord that is-VISION MAHLER.

I took a few screencaps to share the excitement with everyone who is stuck in region 1.  Here is a look at the interpretation of the Totenfeier:

The scherzo:

Urlicht

March of the Souls:

And finally, the Auferestehn:

This was apparently a live event.  the "artist" who designed the show said "it shows the exact feelings of Mahler as he composed this music".  The audience who was there must have enjoyed it immensely, as they were all given.....3D GLASSES!!!!!

By golly, that's Mahler-the way his music was meant to be experienced!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version