Author Topic: 2010 MLB Post Season (OOT)  (Read 14540 times)

Offline John Kim

Re: 2010 MLB Post Season (OOT)
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 05:57:56 AM »
What the HELL is happening in SF???

C. Lee was totally powerless. Virtually everyone predicted he will reign tonight, but he went down hopelessly.

I admit that Giants have been enjoying a MOJO spirit since the NLCS and it's still up running, but any team could hit Lee's ball easily tonight.

Also, it was as if the ball park was sucking up all the power of Giants' opponents.

Anyway, this game will go down as one of the biggest upsets I've ever seen in MLB history....and I feel that there is more to come down the hill.

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 06:01:07 AM »
"Also, it was as if the ball park was sucking up all the power of Giants' opponents"

.    .    precisely what the Giants were banking on. That, and Vlad. Guerrero possibly making big mistakes in right field - which he did!

Offline John Kim

« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 03:59:26 AM »
"Frailty....the name is Rangers."

How amateurish, clumsy, and limp they are, is just beyond speechless.

It's like switching from Mahler Eight to Mahler Ninth, albeit the M9th is a masterpiece and they aren't.

The WS will be all over this Sunday! :-[ :-\ :'(

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 04:01:31 AM »
The more I ignore the Giants, the better they do   ???
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:06:49 AM by barry guerrero »

Offline John Kim

« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 05:02:11 AM »
The more I ignore the Giants, the better they do   ???
Precisely.

The Seattle Times critic predicted with an absolute confidence that the series will be over in game 5 with the Rangers winning.

So did almost everyone else.

How oddly their fate is turning around!

It's all in their minds, nothing else.

If the Texas bullpen keep pitching the way they did yesterday and tonight, they will be looking at the Giants celebrating on their home ground this Sunday :'(.

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 08:53:15 AM »
You were off by one day, John. Seriously, I never thought that I would get to see this happen in my life time. Not surprisingly, there are many "old" Giants fans who felt that way also. When you consider how many truly great players the Giants have had during these S.F. years, it seemed as though the team was cursed in each and every post season attempt. If you had told me just two months ago that this team would win the NLCS - much less the world series - I would have said that you were drinking too much funny Koolaid. Anyway, I'll take it, and I'm hoping to get to the victory parade on Wednesday, even if only for an hour (got to work!). Maybe the "false victory parade" march tune from the finale of Mahler 6 will run through my mind.

If I conducted Mahler 6, I would have the trombones double the horns at the "false victory parade (horns fortissimo, trombones forte), just as it is in the first version. I would also have the "fate rhythm" in the timpani doubled with snare drum, bass drum, and cymbals. Then top it all of by having the  last three quarter-notes of the "fate rhythm" doubled with wooden hammer strokes. Just for further dramatic flair, I would probably ask the percussionist covering the wooden hammer to actually throw it down on the floor, and let it roll down a row or two (where the horns do their unison octave drop). Why not? I want listeners leaving the hall in a state of shock.     
Go Giants.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »
Barry,

Congratulations!

However, for me and for better or worse it was one of the LEAST interesting, the LEAST exciting WS's I ever watched. :-[

I think Giants were lucky to face two teams - Philies & Rangers - who were going down on the hill at the RIGHT time. What made them so successful is that they took every advantage of this fact.

I was expecting to see Yankees-Philies rematch. That would have been really exciting.

Maybe it will happen next year.

P.S. After last night game, I bet Yanks would not want to get C. Lee. :P

John,

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 04:49:58 AM »
I can't argue with your points, John. Then again, great pitching is pretty much always boring to watch. Tomorrow is our victory parade.

Barry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk