Author Topic: 2010 MLB Post Season (OOT)  (Read 14539 times)

Offline John Kim

2010 MLB Post Season (OOT)
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:37:21 PM »
Barry, congratulations on Giants' advancement to the playoff :D.

I am sure they can handle well the Braves in the division series. But Giants vs. Philies is hard to predict.

In the AL, I just don't think Yankees will make this year because of the troublesome pitching. They may still beat the Twins (they always did in the past), but will have to deal with Rays or Rangers.

Interestingly, Larry Stone, the Seattle Times baseball critic predicts it will be Giants vs. Rangers for the WS Championship this year.

Uhm... IMO that sounds rather unlikely, but we'll see.

Enjoy the postseason ride!

John,

Offline sbugala

Re: 2010 MLB Post Season (OOT)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:11:07 AM »
I'd kinda like to see the Rays go far, again.  But the Twins have always impressed me with what they do on their budget, too.  Maybe I love the idea of baseball in the cold air of Minnesota in October. 

As for the National League, since my under-achieving Cardinals aren't in it this year, I'm kinda up in the air.  I've almost always detested the Braves. (Probably because of that damn chop the fans do.) But part of me thinks it would be great if Cox could finally got another World Series win.  I've never understood why certain so-called Atlanta fans have chided him for failing to deliver more World Series rings.  Some of those match-ups vs. the Yankees would've responded with a win for the A.L. no matter who in the NL faced them...so why blame Cox for that? It's kinda like people blaming Peyton Manning for not having more Super Bowl Rings. 

But mainly, I just want to see good baseball...so bring it on!

Offline John Kim

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »
An analyst at MLB.com said the Philies are turning themselves into Yankees this year.

They got three of the best pitchers in the whole MLB clubs, so they seem to have the best shot at the WS.

But we all know how any postseason can turn out: little logic and sense prevail the games.

My favorites this year are (long forgotten Mariners!), Twins and Rays in the AL, Philies and Reds in the NL.

John,

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »
But the Twins have always impressed me with what they do on their budget, too.  Maybe I love the idea of baseball in the cold air of Minnesota in October.  

Being from Minnesota, I can confirm this statement! I don't know much about baseball, but I saw a few Twins games in September, when I was visiting Minn. last month. It appears that the Twins are doing pretty good.

--Todd

Offline John Kim

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 03:21:02 PM »
But the Twins have always impressed me with what they do on their budget, too.  Maybe I love the idea of baseball in the cold air of Minnesota in October.  

Being from Minnesota, I can confirm this statement! I don't know much about baseball, but I saw a few Twins games in September, when I was visiting Minn. last month. It appears that the Twins are doing pretty good.

--Todd
Todd,

I am all for the Twins. But in the past years they had tough times trying to beat the Yankees in the post season. And that's precisely the situation repeating gain this year. Well, except that this time the first two games will be in the home ground of Twin Cities. The only hope I have is that Yeankees' starting pitchers Sabathia, Petit, have not been all that great lately.

Good luck with Twins!

John,

Offline mister bob

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »
This is all very well you guys, but who is going to win the upcoming Ashes cricket series between England and Australia?!?!? ;D

Offline John Kim

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 07:09:44 PM »
Yankees vs. Twins - Game 1

6:4

Just as I predicted. They just can't beat the Yankees. Period. They are probably rehashing what they did last year - 3 straight losses.

Is there 'Yankee Mystique" hovering around in the post season?? ??? :-[

John,

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 02:29:09 AM »
Yankees vs. Twins - Game 1

6:4

Just as I predicted. They just can't beat the Yankees. Period. They are probably rehashing what they did last year - 3 straight losses.

Is there 'Yankee Mystique" hovering around in the post season?? ??? :-[

John,

You were right John, the Yankees always seem to beat the Twins...I wonder if there is any hope  :'(

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 05:10:38 AM »
Sorry, I've been out of town. Anyway, this has been a very difficult Giants team to be in love with. Many folks have described this year's Giants season as being pure torture. Also, I've been disappointed by the Giants so many times throughout my life that I'm simply taking a "wait and see" attitude. They might get past the Braves, but things will get a lot tougher from there. It would be very strange if this particular Giants team manages to achieve what so many truly great Giants teams from the pass haven't been able to achieve. We'll see.

Offline John Kim

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 02:27:00 AM »
Look how the Twins are being toasted for the last time :-[ :'(

The whole trip to NY City was wasted.

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 01:03:50 PM »
Look how the Twins are being toasted for the last time :-[ :'(

The whole trip to NY City was wasted.

:'( :-\ :'(

The Twins just can't beat them Yankees...sigh.

Offline vvrinc

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »
The Twins just can't beat them Yankees...sigh.

Let the cold, dark winter begin. (What a shame, I really thought they could pull it out this year.)

Offline John Kim

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 08:38:15 PM »
Even with Jim Thome the Twins couldn't do it.

I can only guess they have "inferiority complex" against the Yankees ??? :-\

Next year, they will have to find a strategy to avoid Yankees in the ALDS. Then, they may be able to advance to ALCS.

Or a better solution - bribe D. Jeter to join Twins by all means, hehe ;D.

Hey, look just what happened in Texas; Rays beat Rangers and they are tied 2-2!!

If Rays move to ALCS they can certainly beat the Yanks. But first they will have to deal with C. Lee on Tuesday.

John,

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 04:32:46 AM »
Even with Jim Thome the Twins couldn't do it.

I can only guess they have "inferiority complex" against the Yankees ??? :-\

Next year, they will have to find a strategy to avoid Yankees in the ALDS. Then, they may be able to advance to ALCS.

Or a better solution - bribe D. Jeter to join Twins by all means, hehe ;D.

Hey, look just what happened in Texas; Rays beat Rangers and they are tied 2-2!!

If Rays move to ALCS they can certainly beat the Yanks. But first they will have to deal with C. Lee on Tuesday.

John,

I wanna see the Yanks sink into a dark winter!  >:( ;D

Offline John Kim

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 03:06:50 AM »
I have a hunch that Philies and Yanks will face again in the WS this year :-[ :'( :(.

Revenge time!! ;D

John,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk