Author Topic: WARNING about M2 Live with RCO/Kubelik (Audiophile Classic)  (Read 2954 times)

Offline GL

WARNING about M2 Live with RCO/Kubelik (Audiophile Classic)
« on: February 20, 2017, 06:41:27 PM »
Audiophile Classics released in 2013 a live recording of Mahler's Second with the Concertgebouw Orchestra under Kubelik's baton (APL-101.759). It was recorded on 14 July 1960 in Amsterdam, at the Concertgebouw. The soloists were Maria Stader and Nan Merriman; the choir was the Toonkustkoor Amsterdam.

WARNING! The first movement is incomplete! It stops in the middle of the Coda. Nowhere, on front or back cover, nor in the booklet it is mentioned this detail and I do not think I purchased a defective copy because the timing of the track is printed correctly (I mean, it reads 20.16 and at 20.16 the movement is interrupted in the middle of the Coda). 

GL

Offline barry guerrero

Re: WARNING about M2 Live with RCO/Kubelik (Audiophile Classic)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:17:09 PM »
I'll bet they charge a ton of money for that too.

Offline GL

Re: WARNING about M2 Live with RCO/Kubelik (Audiophile Classic)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »
I'll bet they charge a ton of money for that too.

Not a ton, just a few grams of coins: I purchased it at Concerto (Utrechtsestraat 60, Amsterdam) for 6 euros.

Years ago, Audiophile Classics released a live Mahler's Seventh with RCO/Beinum. After what I experienced with this release of M2 with Kubelik, I will stay away from everything released by Audiophile Classics.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk