Author Topic: I LOVE the Dudamel/B.P.O. M3  (Read 2680 times)

Offline barryguerrero

I LOVE the Dudamel/B.P.O. M3
« on: June 04, 2021, 03:23:50 AM »
I LOVE the Dudamel/B.P.O. M3 - I don't care what anyone says. I don't really know how much credit should go to Dudamel or not, but I DON'T CARE! All I know is I love the results. I'm not so sure that this doesn't wipe the board completely clean for me, all over again. I'm truly contemplating getting that set. If nothing else, it'll look great on a high shelf.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 03:45:21 AM by barryguerrero »

Offline sbugala

Re: I LOVE the Dudamel/B.P.O. M3
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2021, 02:09:51 PM »
I really love that first movement. He makes little points here and there that are a little different, but not weird. The rest is fine, but maybe a little more "routine." That's okay by me, because I think the first movement is probably the one that needs the most "hands on" approach. I feel it's the best M3 they've released (vs Abbado and Haitink.)

Offline barryguerrero

Re: I LOVE the Dudamel/B.P.O. M3
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 10:05:54 PM »
I think the third movement is really good too. Maybe less so the positioning of the offstage 'posthorn', but the opening, the middle climax and the coda are really first rate (a tad more tam-tam at the coda would have been good [cymbals are there]). And in the brief "bim-bam" choral movement, you can really hear the alternating cymbal and tam-tam strokes during the middle but albeit brief orchestral interlude. That may seem petty, but I think it really 'makes' that passage go. Great timpani at the end of the symphony too: not too soft, but not too loud either (I hate the 'building a barn' effect).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk