Author Topic: Sado / Tonkünstler-Orchester Mahler 6 slated for late September release  (Read 4490 times)

Offline erikwilson7

I haven't been following this series closely, but I know others have. 86 minutes seems on the relatively long side.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9647108--mahler-symphonie-nr-6-a-moll-tragische

Offline barryguerrero

Yep, another 'expansive' reading, with a Karajan like Adagio treatment of the slow movement. My guess is that it'll be both gorgeous sounding and powerful. I think Sado was strongly influenced by Bernstein. But perhaps he was a Karajan fan as well. Anyway, these are among the best sounding recordings to come out of that small shoebox known as the Musikverein, Mahler or otherwise.

I may not buy this, but I'll certainly listen to it at a streaming service. I'm waiting for the Bychov/Czech Phil. M6 to EVENTUALLY come out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 04:04:22 PM by barryguerrero »

Offline erikwilson7

That Bychkov M6 is certainly one I'm interested in too.

Offline John Kim

Erik

Did you check my message sent a while ago? Looks like you didn't.

Bychkov's will be a glorious M6th^

John

Offline John Kim

I VERY MUCH LIKE Sado's M4th and M7th. They are top notch recordings and performances.

John

Offline John Kim

Timings of Sado M6th are,

I: 23'47", II (Scherzo): 13'29", III. (Andante): 17'17", IV: 32'04".

Offline barryguerrero

As of right now, I have hard copies of Sado's M2, M3 and M7. I wouldn't mind owning the others either. I want to see just how good his eventual M8 and M9 will be. That orchestra sure sounds like it might give the VPO a run for its money, if the VPO isn't using the A-team on a particular gig or recording.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk