Author Topic: Playlist: Shosty 10 - Today, M8 for the next 8+ years!!  (Read 3921 times)

Offline sperlsco

• Global Moderator
Playlist: Shosty 10 - Today, M8 for the next 8+ years!!
« on: November 03, 2008, 08:24:52 PM »
Suddenly, I feel that Shosty's 10th symphony is appropriate for the next 2 days, especially (and most hopefully) the finale (we've already lived through the rest).  Further, I plan (again, hopefully) to spend the next 4-8 years listening to only M8's!!!
 ;D

That is the end of today's semi-political commentary!
Scott

Offline John Kim

Re: Playlist: Shosty 10 - Today, M8 for the next 8+ years!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:25:34 AM »
Hey, you'd never know  >:(

You may be wanting to listen to M9th or Shosty 13 - Babi Yar - for the next 4-8 years instead.

People learn from mistakes, so whoever gets elected let's just hope he'll learn the lesson.

The democracy prospers when the power is in equal balance and I am worried that it will go all the way in one direction.

My unsolicited and nonpolitical opinion  :-*

John,

P.S. BTW, I am in the Babi Yar mode these days. What a truly great masterpiece it is!!

Offline barry guerrero

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 11:12:55 AM »
It's great to be wrong. Two months ago, I would have said "no way" does Obama get elected. Well, it happened! I think that the Republicans made some very big mistakes, but this isn't the forum to go into all that. I just want to say "good luck" to Obama and Joe Biden. Now break out those Mahler 8ths.

Barry

Offline Leo K

• You're the best Angie
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 11:27:21 AM »
It's great to be wrong. Two months ago, I would have said "no way" does Obama get elected. Well, it happened! I think that the Republicans made some very big mistakes, but this isn't the forum to go into all that. I just want to say "good luck" to Obama and Joe Biden. Now break out those Mahler 8ths.

Barry

Amen to that man!

--Todd

Offline mister bob

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 12:24:22 PM »
If Obama were a Mahler conductor, he'd be a Bernstein - politics as cathartic experience, great vision, powerful emotions, but you look elsewhere for the detail.  From this side of the pond, we wish you well with your new president.  It has certainly been quite a spectacle!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk