Author Topic: Der Abschied - double facsimile  (Read 5679 times)

Offline Freddy van Maurik

Der Abschied - double facsimile
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:52:38 PM »
Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry if you feel spammed by this, but I have to share it. We, the Gustav Mahler Stichting Nederland (Dutch Gustav Mahler Society) have recently issued a nice set, as described below:

In December 1917, the great Dutch conductor Willem Mengelberg conducted the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in a performance of Mahler’s Das Lied von der Erde.  Following that performance, Alma Mahler presented Mengelberg with two scores of Der Abschied – the particell (short score) and the full orchestral score.  The Gustav Mahler Stichting Nederland has produced a facsimile set of the two scores and is offering the set in the same format as presented by Alma to Mengelberg. The set, available in April, is priced at € 70.00 plus shipping from the Netherlands.  It includes:
A box, wrapped in black paper 34.5 x 27 cm (~ 13.5” x 10.5”).
The particell (‘Clavierauszug’), 19 pages plus 12 cover pages.
The orchestral score (‘Partitur’), 43 pages plus 12 cover pages.
A booklet of 40 pages plus 8 cover pages with articles by Dr. Frits Zwart, Dr. Eveline Nikkels, and Edward Reilly. It includes drawings and photos. This volume is in English and German.

As I'm a member of the board of this society, and as such was involved in the production of this set, it may seem that I post this to sell this item to you. However, I just want to inform you about this, because I believe it to be a very beautiful set, which many of you might like to own. 400 copies have been made. If interested, you can check our website: http://gustavmahlerstichting.nl/facsimile?menuid=71&curid=71, but it's in Dutch. You can also let me know by pm and I'll see if our secretary can send you the intructions for ordering in English.

To be clear, once more: I'm not trying to sell it here, but just want to inform you about it. We (the GMSN) will not make any profit, pricing is deliberately kept low, to make it accessible/available to anyone.

Cheers,
Freddy

Offline barry guerrero

Re: Der Abschied - double facsimile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 02:14:57 AM »
For what this is, this is a steal, folks. I'm seriously considering it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk